Thursday 12 December 2013

ORGANIC FARMING VISIT


On November 27, Our team went to visit Vegetable and Fruit Promotion Council Keralam (VFPCK) as a part of farm visit…. 

After school, my students and my family rushed home.  I could see the eagerness for the trip in each one of my teammates face since this was the first visit to any nursery!!!!!!. 

I must thank VFPCK officials to give an opportunity to visit... Each one of them bought plants and understood the variety of trees that could be planted but they were not sure whether the seasonal fruit trees grow here in our place or not.. so they were reluctant to buy orange, strawberry plants... For that, I have to give awareness by taking them to different farms here in Cochin, Kerala.. That's the next step from my side...
Everybody enjoyed the trip and was really fun...Growing food is an activity that can be fun for the whole family.   Now, I could sense the closeness between me and my students.....Thanks to Farming....

No comments:

Post a Comment